Anyone may nominate a person for the Calhoun County Sports Hall of Fame. Nominees are selected for the Hall of Fame each year by the selection committee. Although athletic achievements will be of prime importance and consideration, his or her post-athletic record, will be weighed. A person must have also proven worthy as a citizen by carrying the ideals of athletics forward into his or her occupational endeavors and community service.
The rules and procedures for nomination are as follows:
- A nominee must be a native or have been a resident or have attended school or have coached or have worked in Calhoun County, Alabama. Nominees may be or have been athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, team doctors, media, or any similar position who have made significant contributions to athletics and their respective communities.
- A nominee must be at least 40 years old at the time of induction and inactive in the athletic category for at least three (3) years.
- Any person may nominate someone to be considered for the Hall of Fame. The nominator is required to provide all necessary paperwork. An official nomination form may be requested at the following address: 310 Wind Ridge NE, Calhoun County Sports Hall of Fame, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265 or can be picked up at any high school in Calhoun County. All completed nomination forms must be sent to the corporation address.
- All nominees will be screened intensively. Statistics, old record books, scrapbooks, video and audio tapes, newspaper and magazine stories or clippings, etc., will be considered when possible.
- While each nominee’s athletic achievements will be of prime importance and consideration, his or her post-athletic record, as a citizen, will be weighed. A person must have also proven worthy as a citizen by carrying the ideals of athletics forward into his or her occupational endeavors and community service.
- After the charter class, the Selection Committee shall select a maximum of six (6) inductees each year.
- Induction shall be held annually in June at a time and place to be selected by the Board of Directors.
- No board member or immediate family member of a Board member is eligible for membership while the Board member is serving on the Board of Directors. Board Directors can not make nominations.
- Once a person is nominated, the nominee will be considered each year for induction. However, further information about the nominee may be added to his or her file.”